Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I went with Austen to Marina Bay to get clothes today. Actually,we wanted to go to Peninsula Plaza but it was raining so we couldn't cross the road. So,we went to Marina Bay instead via City Link. I got 2 shorts from John Little and 1 shorts and 1 shirt from a shop on the second floor. Haha i didn't expect to get anything in Marina Square but i ended up meeting my quota. So in the end,i didn't even need to go to Peninsula Plaza anymore. What a coincidence.

Austen said he wanted to have dinner at some japanese pasta place that he saw along City Link and i suggested that we eat at Orchard instead since there's a branch there too.

We went from City Hall to Orchard cuz we wanted to watch Coming Soon at Cathay Orchard. Even after walking very long,we couldn't find the place. Then,i realised that the Cineplex was at Somerset MRT. =.= So we walked all the way from Orchard to Somerset in order to reach Cathay. My feet were literally dying.

After getting the tickets,we went to eat at the japanese pasta restaurant. Of all the people i could meet,i met a classmate i had in primary school. She was a waitress there. At first i wasn't sure if it was her so i pretended to look at the menu while i was actually peeping over it to have a better look at her. Then,i saw that she was stealing glances at me too. The two-way glancing went on for quite awhile until she served our food.

She asked if i was from Concord Primary and if i was from class 6B. By that time,i knew i wasn't mistaken. For a moment,i couldn't believe that i actually met a primary school classmate after being out of touch with them for like four years. What's more surprising to me was that she actually remembered my name. And somehow,i remembered hers too. OUr conversation only consisted of a "hi". That was it.

After our meal,i asked her for the bill and when she brought it to my table,i knew she was like looking and smiling at me. Then i kept avoiding her gaze and kept my head down all the time. I felt like a loser to moment i stepped out of the restaurant. It's not like i have a crush on her or anything but it's like i was very shy in primary school and at the restaurant,my actions seemed to be telling her that i never grew up in these four years. I just didn't want her of all people to see that. At the very least,i should have asked her about school and how's she doing now. But all i said was hi.

Well,the fact that she's working at this time shows that she's most probably going to poly. And if she happens to come to the same poly as me,i would surely go talk to her again. But i wonder if i'd have the second chance. No use crying over spilt milk,i guess...

Quite a long post for today already so i guess i'll post about the movie tomorrow.Bye.

No comments: