Sunday, June 1, 2008

Shortchanged...

Today was a day that i had been anticipating alot since last week.
Today was another day i would get to meet my beloved cousins....

Supposedly,everyone had to meet and my uncle's condo at 12 but everyone was late(including me) and we all arrived at 1 instead.I was told beforehand that Pizza Hut was gonna be ordered so i took my breakfast before going there but instead,it turned out that KFC was ordered,much to my surprise cuz i actually thought of ordering KFC if Pizza hut was really ordered but it looks like i didn't have to anymore....

With all the aunties and uncles engrossed in their mahjong and card games,THE cousins went down to swim at the pool.We had sort of a swimming relay and everyone was surprised that i could swim fairly well.I guess everyone thought that i couldn't swim cuz of my size.Well,i proved them wrong. ^^

After swimming,i did some reading at the poolside while waiting for my cousins to finish bathing.It turns out,my cousin has already finished the book that i'm reading currently.The book i'm reading now is titled "Twilight" by Stephenie Meyer.According to my cousin,it has 4 books in its series,namely "Twilight","New Moon","Eclipse" and "Dawn".For now,i only posess the first two books but i believe i'll most definitely get the last two books because seriously,the storyline is nice.It's a romance story about a girl and a vampire.Very nice,indeed.

By the time we finished swimming,it was almost six and we went up to the house for some gambling ourselves. ^^ We played only Blackjack and betted only small amounts,except for my brother who in one particular round,bet 10 bucks in a bid to win back all the money he lost to me.(I only won four dollars to him.)In the end,he got blackjack and won 20 bucks.Lucky bugger...

Before i knew it,time was up for everyone.It was nearly nine and everyone had to go already.The time spent with my cousins were so shortlived to me.I wish somehow,i could meet my cousins everyday.But then,that is impossible for me....

I'm meeting them next saturday but only for a short while cuz we are going to pay our respects to my grandfather....I was supposed to feel happy today but why do i feel shortchanged instead? o.O

No wonder old people keep saying life is short.I didn't use to understand that but now,i do.

"Once you let go of something,there's no guarantee you'll get to grasp it again."

No comments: